Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ready.

So guys, this will be my last post until I come back from Vipassana. I was just up late doing a little reading about the history of the course to better acquaint myself with what I'll be getting into. From what I gather, I am beyond fortunate to be able to participate in something like this, considering people come from all of the world to take this course. That said, I'm giving myself the next day to mentally prepare so I can full appreciate the experience. I knew that it would be difficult, but after reading up, it really hit me just how challenging this will be. But strangely, I'm not nervous. And, though I previously used the word to describe my feelings, I'm not "excited" either. The best way I know to describe myself right now is ready.

I'm keeping this post brief because it's late as it is, and I know it's going to suck trying to adjust to the new sleeping schedule (lights out by 9:30pm, awake by 4:30). But before I go, I just wanted to post this article I read from the website. It's pretty lengthy, so it's up to you whether you want to read it or not. I think you'll all find that it's very insightful. It's called "The Art of Living".

**Note: A common misconception about meditation is that it has religious connotations. While it is certainly a spiritual and mental experience, it isn't religious. Everybody can benefit from meditating, regardless of faith, creed, or religion. So, I hope that those of you out there who identify yourselves as Christians are not in the mindset that practicing meditation will somehow conflict with your beliefs:

It can be practiced by one and all. Everyone faces the problem of suffering. It is a universal malady which requires a universal remedy, not a sectarian one. When one suffers from anger, it's not Buddhist anger, Hindu anger, or Christian anger. Anger is anger. When one becomes agitated as a result of this anger, this agitation is not Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. The malady is universal. The remedy must also be universal. Click here to read the full article. Feel free to explore the site when you're finished.

Anyway, I'll be back on June 14th, though it may take a while longer for me to post. I have a feeling it'll be best to slowly reintroduce myself to technology, so I may wait a few days before plugging myself in.

I hope you guys have great next 10 days. Wish me luck that I don't cheat/go crazy.

xo,
bloggal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read about your experience. I really admire you for going through with this. It's definitely something I'm interested in, but I don't think I have the discipline to embark on an experience like that just yet. Looking forward to your return!

CourtEney Michelle said...

Happy Silence!

unequivocal difference said...

Oh you're going to come back all 'centered' and what not!

Good luck!!

Video Vix[o]n said...

blessing and good zen... can't wait to hear the experience...

Related Posts with Thumbnails