Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting to Know Me

I promised dearest Gem that I would do this so here goes....

What's your current obsession?
Sunglasses and hats. You can never have enough of either.

What's your must have fashion need?
A supportive bra. You tiggle bittied gals out there know what I'm talking about. Without a comfortable/supportive bra, nothing looks right.

What are you wearing right now?
A t-shirt, plaid pajama pants, and a head scarf. Another lazy/rainy day.

What's your favorite food?
Italian/Thai ANYTHING.

What do you do for fun?
Hang with my sisters. We never fail to make each other laugh.

What made today special?
I nearly had a heart attack because I thought my financial aid was revoked aka I couldn't go back to school in the Fall. Long story, false alarm.

What would you like to learn to do?
Tight-rope walk, play piano, play chess

What's the last thing you bought?
Feminine toiletries? Ehh use your imagination :-/

What are you listening/watching right now?
My ceiling fan.

What's your favorite weather?
Cool and rainy. Days like this.

What's your one goal in life?
To live a good one. Yep. That's it.

What do you think of the person that tagged you?
Beautiful. Loving. Wise. Loyal. Awesomeness.

If you can have a house totally paid for, what would it look like?

A little something like this:



What would you like to have in your hands right now?
Not gonna lie. My mind went straight to the gutter.

If you can swap lives with anyone in the world for one day who would it be and why?
Ellen Degeneres. Just because she's hilarious, awesome, and down to earth.

If you can go anywhere in the world for the next hour where would you go?
Italy!


What language would you like to learn?
Italian and Latin. I know Latin is dead, but I wanna revive it.

What do you look for in a friend?
Someone I can depend on.

Who do you want to meet in person?

I'm slightly ashamed to admit this, but I'd want to meet Dane Cook. Yeah, I know he's a total douchebag, but he seems like he'd be kind of funny in person...

What's your favorite type of music?
I hate this question because there are so many. Love (good) Hip Hop. Mostly international but some American. Jazz--not so much the "smooth" stuff but the Miles Davis/Dizzy G./Bird type. I also love a contemporary spin on traditional music. I suck at genres and labels, so here's clip of one of my favorite groups, Gotan Project:

What's your dream job?
Curator/Columnist

Do you admire anyone's style?

I love Rihanna's style. It's bold and experimental. The chick can do no wrong in my book.

Describe your personal style?
It seriously depends on the day. Sometimes I'll go dressy casual (skinny jeans, dressy blouse, flats, and a jacket) or college bum chic (sweatshirt, jeans, and a hat). No matter what I wear though, they're mostly dark tones. Greys, blacks, burgandys, emralds. I love deep, rich colors.

What's your favorite t.v show?
Scrubs, Charmed, Sex and the City, Degrassi, The Biggest Loser

What's your favorite dessert?
Warm apple pie and vanilla ice cream.

What's your favorite makeup brand?

Seeing as I'm a thrifty chick, I'm not going to spew brands you'll only find in Sephora. Of all the drugstore make up brands that my meager pockets will allow, I'm going to have to say Covergirl and Maybeline are my faves.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In a small Italian village. Love love love Italian culture and lifestyle.

What's you fondest childhood memory?
Tea and toast with my granny. We still do it to this day, on occasion.

What would you do w/a major lottery winning?
Travel travel travel!

Rules:
1.)Respond: answer the questions on your blog.

2.)Replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own. (I replaced what is your favorite ice cream flavor with what is your favorite dessert?, and the question I added is the very last one.)

3.)Tag eight other people
Antithesis
Jaded
Experience
QQ
Robin
Karrie
Young Black Beauty
Ms. Moody

3 comments:

Experience is the best teacher. said...

YES! Someone else not embarrassed to admit that they love DeGrassi!

I'm goin 2 bed now. I'll do this 2mrw. :-)

Dope Fiend said...

college bum chick! LOL
that my permanent style. LOL

The Sassy Sexpert said...

I love the gotan project....now that is some seriously sexy music.

Related Posts with Thumbnails