Friday, May 22, 2009

Forgive Me?

Hey homies!

First off, biggest apologies for not updating in over a week. I'm not going to even lie and say I've been mad busy or anything like that. I've just been recouping and catching up on some much needed sleep. Even though I finished my finals last Tuesday, I didn't actually move back home until Saturday. My sisters came down to visit me, the youngest (14) to see what life on a college campus was like, and the eldest (22) because she's considering my university for grad school. We had a pretty nice time catching up and hanging out. I hadn't realized how much I missed my sisters...

Anyway, I've been home since Saturday evening, but things have been a little disjointed and I wasn't able to settle in until just yesterday. Basically, my estranged grandmother on my father's side got wind of the fact that I was home, and has been contacting me about working in her resteraunt this Summer. I don't really know how I feel about working in fast food for three main reasons: I'm not good with people with bad attitudes, and I know that's something you encounter on the daily in the fast food business. Also, I'm not trying to gain any weight this Summer because FREE food is one of the incentives. And finally, sometimes money and family don't mix. I've had some issues in the past with my dad's side that I won't get into right now, but the last thing I want to do is get involved in the family business. Not trying to deal with any drama that could result. Aside from all that, I just got out of school. I want to be lazy for at least one week before doing more grueling work. Is it selfish of me to feel that way?

In any case, the biggest reason I haven't posted was because I hadn't unpacked yet, and my Internet wasn't up and running until today. I know, that's pretty trifiling to live out of your suitcases for almost a week but unpacking was a MAJOR job. I accumulated so much stuff at school that it would barely fit in my room when I got home. That boggles my mind.

Buuut, I know the last note we left on was about Mr. TA, right? Well, unfortunately, nothing happened on that end. Basically, because there simply wasn't time to go out. He and I both had conflicting schedules, and since I wouldn't be staying out there for the Summer, we just made a raincheck. I promised that I'd contact him if I was ever out there, which seemed unlikely at first, but now I actually have plans to visit a friend for her birthday soon. So, I guess we'll see what happens with Mr. TA...Or rather, Chris, now that grades are in.

Yes, grades are in and I don't wanna talk about it.

Anywhoo, I declined my grandmother's offer for the time being, so I'm happily unemployed for the moment. I know it's only a matter of time before I get bored out of my mind and take up her offer, but I can't just see myself going there yet. My older sister is working for her and already feeling the Weirdness. Ugh...But the point is, I'll have a lot of time on my hands, which means more time to blog! Now I can finally catch up with you guys! About time, caue I've been slacking in the blogging department.

Anyway, you guys will hear from me a lot sooner. I'm going to try to get in the habit of blogging daily again. Since I'm not working, it shouldn't be too hard, right?

5 comments:

A said...

I'm the same way for the first two week I did absolutely nothing but RELAX!!! and let me tell you it felt great! lol

strangetimes said...

Same thing. I didn't do anything for (BLACKHAWKS WIN! BLACKHAWKS WIN! YEAH! YEAH!). Sorry, watching the game as I'm typing.

Anyway, I didn't do anything for the first week of my vay-cay before I went back to mi old job. Enjoy yourself and welcome back.

Gem said...

I tagged you on my blawg. Get to it missy! Easy blog post.

Anonymous said...

WWEEEEE I Am Happy that you are taking indeed time for you , so, Enjoy it!

Experience is the best teacher. said...

Sleep is from heaven... Enjoy it!

I'll be doing the same thing in the few weeks I have before I start law school.

Related Posts with Thumbnails