Friday, May 8, 2009

On Second Thought...

Will you guys let me be irrationally neurotic for a minute?

Well, the overwhelming consensus seems to be that I should go for the date with Mr. TA. I am still a little apprehensive about it, not just because he's 8 years older than me, but also because he's still my TA. Grades aren't in yet, and this date could make or break me. What if he holds it against me if I don't accept? Truth be told, I'm boderlining something serious in this class. I'm trying not to think the worst (that he's trying to get a little somethin' somethin' in exchange for giving me a good grade) but you never know with people these days. And then too, I can't help but wonder why he's interested in me. He said he thinks I'm sexy. But what else? He's a TA to over 200 students. We've had a very impersonal teacher-student relationship, except for the time I contacted him letting him know about my "extenuating circumstances". So, all he knows about me is that I'm a former victim of Depression and that I suck at Geology. What are his motives? What's the appeal? Besides my boobs, that is.

At any rate, I realize that I my over cautiousness may not be just due to fear of rapage, but also due to fear of the unknown. I've never dated a white guy, anyone this much older, and I've never been asked out like this before. I'm a little nervous just because I don't know what to expect. But alas, I know I'm only over thinking the situation, and that it's just one date. I already replied to him, so we'll see what happens. I want somebody to commit to issuing an Amber Alert because if you guys don't hear from me in a week, it's probably because he kidnapped me. And if that happens, needless to say I'm blaming y'all. For realsies.

So today I got a couple of messages on Ok Cupid, that made me rethink my Internet dating idea.

I got a message from an admittedly married dude looking for a "fuck buddy". Instead of replying, I looked at his profile. When asked what were the top six things he couldn't live without he said:

pussy, money, guns, pussy, pussy.

Oh how I hate everything.

About a half hour later, I got a message from a 44 year old guy who condescendingly asked me why I was "stalking" him:

Listen, kid, this is like the second time I've seen you stalking me. You're cute and all, but what's up?

Okay....tell me a little about yourself, and if your nice maybe I'll introduce you to my nephew. He's a great kid and about your age.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "open minded"? That's become another of those another of those nonsense phrases.

As I mentioned before, the site shows you your stalkers--people who lurk your page but never message. Well, this dude kept winding up in my matches, which made it look like I was going to his page, but I definitely wasn't. I had to set the record straight, informing him that:

Umm, seeing as you're older than my father, I can assure you that I definitely wasn't "stalking" you. For some reason you keep coming up in my Quickmatches. I can't for the life of me figure out why. But I just hid you from my match results so problem solved! Take care, sir.

To that he replied:

HA! Gal, you are a delight!!!

I always wondered why older guys like being insulted by younger gals. ::scratches head::

Finally, I received this message:

u r a q t. wat r u doin on this site?

After taking about 30 seconds to figure out that by "u r a q t" he meant "you are a cutie", I asked myself the same question: What am I doing on this site?

He's right, I am far too fly to be solicited by married men, male chauvinists, and guys incable of writing a complete sentence. In the real world, I don't have problem meeting guys. It's just when I get down here in the boondocks that it's hard to find a man (not a horny, immature, Weezy quoting college boy) who I think suits me. Maybe my decision to e-date was a bit hasty. I'll be back in Chicagoland by this time next week. If I don't get any prospects within the first few weeks home, then I'll consider online dating again (just for the sake of shaking things up). But in the meantime, I'm hanging up my e-bow & arrow.

Even though I've encountered enough douchebaggieness to last a lifetime today, I have to say that online dating does have a lot of blogging potential. I mean, where else can you meet a guy who openly divulges that he's never been circumcised? So, though I won't be an active member, I'm not going to delete my account. I'm thinking it's just what I need to bring me out of my writers block.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder the same thing about older guys who like to be insulted by younger women. It's weird.

And I wanted to tell you all of those things about e-dating but I didn't want to be judgmental. Glad you came to the conclusion on your own that you're way too young and fly for that mess.

I'm with you on the blog material though. It's a dry well out here these days so you've got to get it where you can.

Not even going to entertain your neurosis about the T.A You know you're trippin! Lol.

TheUncoolestKidd said...

I won't say you're tripping when it comes to the whole T.A situation. He's a man. More importantly, he's a man who is(in some way, shape, or form) in a position of power. It makes perfect sense to think that perhaps he could hold it against you. Which would suck...greatly. Also, the whole e-dating thing kinda tripped me out. It was one of those, "now she know she is too fine to be..." but at the same time, I guess there's no reason to not try something new.(That's not a T.A who might be out looking for some cutty). Just a thought.

-Mr. Heartbreak

MOP TOP said...

i think older men like to be insulted by younger women because we are fresh. an older women don't talk like that and are more .... quiet and polite. We have a sharp tongue and arent afraid to use it and i guess i can see why they see it as a turn on. it's exciting and presents a challenge.

A said...

ugh 8 years older :( lol but do you and do what feels right ;)

Vio said...

Yeah! Give the TA a go--dating a white guy isn't bad at all, i've dated almost everybody, also, 8 years older isn't that bad either as long as they are a down to earth person...when i was 19, i dated someone who was like 27 but we worked in the same dept at the university so he seemed more like my peer. Give it a go and you might have a great time and expand your dating grounds for the future

Anonymous said...

Girl please, you are so mature that this is about the age that motherfuckers WOULD level with your mind game

Also as the queen "out of her race" dater extraordinaire, I say Give it a go and text me for when I ACtually NEED to check up on you, cause I WILL do so

I'm only internet dating for the blogging potential and cause is an easier way to finding the new team that I sorely need before having to give weezy a call

Related Posts with Thumbnails