Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Name Is Sydney, And I'm....

Damn, do I really suck that bad that people actually go through the trouble of unfollowing me? LOL. It's like, every new Follower I get, one leaves. ::pretends to pout::

I haven't written these last couple of days because its been a pretty busy week for me. Wednesday night, my baby sister graduated from 8th grade. Of course we had to do the whole family dinner thing afterwards. Except, it was kind of hard to find a restaurant that was still open that 10pm. I mean, who holds a middle school graduation at night anyway? I'll post pictures in the near future. I'm too lazy to do it now.

The next day (Thursday) was the homecoming of one of my high school BFFs. She's been studying abroad in Scotland for the past semester and she came home Thursday. We had a little get together in honor of her return, but she slept through the whole thing because she was severely jet lagged. We still had fun anyway, because my lovely friends were determined to make a drunk out of me. You see, they all know that I've never gotten drunk in my life, only buzzed or slightly tipsy, and they wanted to be the first to get me there. They must've succeeded because I managed to leave my wallet at one friend's apartment and my cell in someone else's car. I can be clumsy/forgetful/accident prone on a regular day. Don't let alcohol get added to the mix....

Friday was pretty cool as well. I went with aforementioned BFF to a historical artifact museum. The building was formerly a 65 room hotel in the 1920s, and was eventually converted into a museum that showcases artifacts of the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. May sound kind of lame, but it was an art historian's (moi) dream. Anyway, the museum is said to be haunted so we did sort of a group tour where we tried to capture ghosts on camera and/or on a tape recorder. I won't really say too much about it because I'm too lazy right now to give a detailed account. But it was definitely one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. Not only that, but the museum overlooks this gorgeous lake. I can see myself going back there throughout the summer. The BFF took pictures, because I didn't bring my camera like an idiot, so I'll post a few when she puts them up.

Friday night, post-ghost hunt, I hung out with a few friends, drank a little more, and had a grand old alcoholic time. I promised myself that this would be the last time I drank that much because I can't stand not being in TOTAL control. I mean, I wasn't the typical loud, obnoxious drunk because that's not my personality anyway; I was still very much the composed, calm person that I usually am. But I wouldn't have been able to walk a straight line if you paid me. Seriously. Besides all that, I can't afford to lose many more brain cells after this weekend.

All in all, I had a pretty cool weekend aside from the fact that I temporarily became an alchy. I've decided to chill tonight though, because I wanted to spend my last few days home with my family. I'll be going out of town for 10 days on Wednesday, so I wanted to get some family time in before I left. Don't worry, I'll fill you guys in on the vacation tomorrow. Right now though, I think I have to stop typing because I think I'm still slightly buzzed.


strangetimes said...

What's your drink of choice, out of curiousity?

Anonymous said...

Can you post the links to the museum???

Related Posts with Thumbnails