Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Autumn!

What's happening people?

Just wanted to thank those who welcomed me back as well as sending their condolences for the loss of my classmate. Last week was a little rough and, although I wanted to update, I didn't really have the time to...Okay, I'm lying. I was just being lazy. It was cold and rainy outside, and all I wanted to do after class was dive into my blankets and catch up on my DVR. Yeah, I see a great relationship forming between us. After a long day of class and work, it feels oh so good to come home to Oprah, The View, and Jeopardy. I know, I'm a loser.

This is the week I'll be swamped. Tomorrow I have four mini-papers due, that I have yet to start on, and the rest of the week will be spent at the library doing research for an exhibit I'm helping curate. Oh, did I forget to tell you guys that I'm doing an internship? I'll fill you in on that later.

But for now, I just want to share some photos with you all. I went home this past weekend for an annual family outing. I went to an apple orchard with my grandma, mom, sisters, and family friends.




















I took about 150 pictures but I know y'all don't wanna see all that lol. Anyway, I had a great time with my family. We're trying to make it a regular thing to have a family outing for each season. This one was a perfect segue into Autumn. Good times.

I also received some fabulous news last week....

I was accepted into the Study Abroad program and I'm going to Paris this Winter!

I'm sooooo excited!!! I couldn't believe that I was actually accepted, given how competitive the program is (only 30 students admitted) and the fact that my Spring semester was far from impressive. After my severe bout with Depression, my transcript wasn't looking so hot. I had a D- in one class and all B's in the rest. Not to mention the fact that I had a 'W' in the class I withdrew from. Given all that, I was sure that they wouldn't pick me. But I guess my essay is what did it. I told them what I had been through and practically begged them to look past my academic record, and consider the fact that I this was something I seriously wanted to be a part of.


The past few months have been simply amazing for me. Getting back my financial aid, getting my own apartment, an internship, acing ALL of my classes, and now this. I can't believe how much things have turned around for me. It's incredible what a little optimism and persistence can get you. I'll never say "I can't" again.

Hope you all are having a great week! I'll try to update again before the weekend, which is Homecoming Weekend. Whoop Whoop! lol.

xo,
bloggal

7 comments:

Experience is the best teacher. said...

That's GREAT news. I know you'll enjoy Paris. I regret not studying abroad while in college.

I think I'm coming down there to visit a friend Friday night. :-) IDK what party she's talking about attending but she mentioned getting sold-out tickets from an Alpha so, I'm sure it's some kind of Alpha party. I'll look it up on facebook! Have fun!

Bloggal said...

awesome! i haven't decided what parties i'm going to yet, but most likely one of them is gonna be an alpha party. hope we run into each other :).

Jaded said...

ohemgee! Paris is gonna be so fab. It's these opportunities that make being in college (and your early 20s) so fantastic. I have never met one person who said: I studies abroad and hated it lol.

Congrats!!!

Gem said...

Congratulations on the internship and the study abroad! I'm so excited for and proud of you.

strangetimes said...

!!!

Congratulations!

You are so lucky. Laissez les bon temps rouler while you are across the pond.

How is your french by the way?

Video Vix[o]n said...

so you're going to Paris, eh? oui oui (that's a little taste of French you can bring over there)...

apple picking must have been crack... i should have done that while i was at school upstate NY, but nobody to go with...

good luck with those papers and get ready for France... you must be hype; i know i'd be...

Anonymous said...

YOu looks so cute but effing christ how COLD is it that you all are wearing Jackets and Shit??

I'm Perturbed!


Anyways Paris was sooooo beautiful and awesome and you'll get to see the louvre the Musee d'orsay, Rodin's house/museum, Sacre Couer... that is soooo pretty and you gotta try the food even if it grosses you out , at least once

Related Posts with Thumbnails