Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weekend Link Love: He's Just Not That Into You

Most of us have experienced it this: There's a guy/girl you were seeing, and you quickly realized that there was no chemistry between you two, so you decided you wanted out. But he/she was such a sweetheart and you didn't want to flat out say, "I'm sorry but there just aren't any sparks here...". You tried to give subtle hints that you just weren't that into him/her, but they persisted. So, you broke it off in the worst way possible: You disappeared.

This had been my routine for the summer. When I found it difficult to break up the civilized way, I'd ignore phone calls and texts until...well, that depended on how persistent the guy was. It was all fine and good until the tables were turned and it happened to me. I guess that's karma for you.

Yep, you guessed it, MK pulled a Criss Angel on me. Who else? THANKFULLY, I could've seen it coming so I am not crushed about this. But still a little pissed off. In my defense, I usually do the disappearing act ONLY after a first date, or conversation, when I realize that there's no connection. Not after three months, several encounters, and many orgasms (not through intercourse but there are other ways...).

Am I wrong to be a bit confused? Typically, I'd apply the phrase "He's Just Not That Into You" but it seems a bit out of place here. You know when a guy isn't feelin' you and you know right away, no smoke and mirrors. I'm thinking maybe this is his way of ending a summer fling. Maybe he didn't want to break up with me in person, because the conversation would've gone a little something like this:

MK: Well, you're going back to school in a week and...the summer's coming to an end so...maybe, you know, we should just break it off now.

The funny part is, I expected this to be a summer fling. I had no intentions of making a long-distance relationship with him work because he's flakier than Tony the Tiger. Instead, I was just trying to ignore my impulses to have another talk with him, and enjoy my last two weeks of wining and dining. And then he disappears on me...Damn lol.

After two phone calls and a text message, I decided to quit while I was ahead. I didn't want to turn out looking like the desperate stalker chick in addition to being dumped by his answering machine. I haven't heard from him since last Saturday, except for a pathetic "I lost my phone" voicemail message...Not falling for that one. I've used it before.

But, it's no biggie. It happens to the best of us (I hope lol). I'm just happy I'm getting out of this unscathed for the most part.

SO, in the spirit of being dumped, I've decided to post an article I found. We've all heard of the best-seller He's Just Not That Into You, but I wonder how many of us have actually read it. I know I haven't. After reading this review, and being tossed out like last week left-overs, I know it deserves a read lol.

Enjoy your weekends!


He's Just Not That Into You!
article by Denise Mann

After a magical first date, Susan was so sure that she would hear from Stephen again that she even boasted to friends that she'd met "the one."

Two agonizing weeks later, she was shocked that he never did.

"Maybe he got back together with his ex," one friend piped in. "Maybe he was too intimidated by you," another said. "Maybe you should call him," offered another. "Maybe he's gay," suggested yet another.

Or maybe ... he's just not that into you. Sure, these words sound harsh, but according to a best-selling new dating book, these six words can save women like Susan from a lifetime of heartache and stress....(click here to continue).

3 comments:

n0days0ff said...

that sucks, ive been on both ends.you guys never had sex right? but you did go out on a few dates? hate to say it but sometimes you end up putting so much into a girl (financially,timewise..) and you see its not gonna end up between the sheets till she gets a wedding ring and a 2 story house you just cut your losses and move on. esp if he knows you about to go back to school.dating sucks sometimes

p.s. turn your word verification off and more people will comment

Bloggal said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm on it;-)

What you say is such a sad fact but it could be true...Although I slightly doubt it because I kept him pretty satisfied in other ways. Aside from that, I know he knew that I was getting closer and closer to doing the horizontal dance with him, so I would think he'd stick it out at least til the next date...But maybe you're right. Maybe he was fed up and saught satisfaction from a less conservative broad. Either scenario is possible.

My thing is, he could've at least dumped me instead of falling off the face of the earth like that. Kinda harsh.

Anonymous said...

Meh! to be honest I do that constantly on dates going nowhere and don't take offense the few times that happens to me, I mean to be honest I'm not a caller, more of a texter and for that you'd have to text me or call me first, THEN I reply, but generally speaking if I want someone to have my number I give it to them and if they don't use it first then is whatever, BUT the one time I DID get pissed and took offense to being ignored-sorta I then in turned ignored a mofo for 5 straight months then, well... he was on my ass for 5 months all over trying to give me some sex LOL and usually I do date workaholics on purpose so then on the holidays or something equally insignificant I'll have all the 3 fools that sorta went on a date and sort of ignored each other sending me every fucking missive known to mankind damned near close to smoke signals explaining the last week or so of their lives and busy working blah balh blha so.. is a "chalk it up to game" thing

Related Posts with Thumbnails