Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What the D.U.F.F.???

Sometimes I feel like such a fuddy duddy because I'm so out of the loop on today's slang. I just recently became aware of an acronym that is apparently common knowledge:

D.U.F.F.

I've heard this expression being thrown around alot lately, but I had no idea what the hell it meant. Eventually my curiousity get the best of me, and looked it up in my trusty Urban Dictionary. These were my findings:

D.U.F.F.=Designated Ugly Fat Friend

1.
Often in many large groups of women (usually adolecents) there will be a D.U.F.F. as a means to look better by comparison.

I only hang out with her becuase I need a D.U.F.F., otherwise, she'd be, so, history.


2.
The cock-blocking friend of the hot chick you're trying to hook up with, often the target of the wingman.

I was totally in with this chick and then her D.U.F.F. totally cock-blocked me! -or- I'll take her, while you distract her D.U.F.F.!

Who thought of this shit?

I did a little more research on the D.U.F.F. Theory and found this:



I wouldn't suggest watching the entire video because this negro is a total douche, but the first 30 seconds pretty much surmise the D.U.F.F. Theory.

Here's another video. According to this guy, every group has a D.U.F.F. Not just girls. I wouldn't suggest watching this in its entirety either. I didn't.


So anyway, my question is if there's anyone out there--guy or girl--who believes in this theory? I know you don't want to come off as a douchebag, but I'm curious. Do you have a D.U.F.F.? Or better yet, are you a D.U.F.F.?

16 comments:

Jaded said...

Honestly, if you need to associate with people who YOU think aren't as attractive as you to make yourself look better then: (a)you aren't that good looking (cause if you were you wouldn't need a cover) (b) you have shitty self esteem an (c)you are a huge douche bag lol. (not you).

All my friends are super pretty...i wouldn't have it any other way.

Jada said...

Co-signs with Jaded.

Bloggal said...

@ jada and jaded: agreed! this shit had me trippin. that's pretty messed up on the girls' end. you expect something like that from a guy, but...hmm.

i think this phenomenon is more present in white circles than in black. cause we all know their definition of 'fat' is quite different from ours.

lol @ jaded "you are a huge douchebag" haha

clnmike said...

Lol, I never heard the term we just call them blockers.

Bloggal said...

uh huh, that's what i thought too lol

Sexxy Luv said...

That is so sad and mean! I have cousins who are larger then normal i wonder if guys refer to them as a D.U.F.F when they play my body guard.....interesting.

Da Hunni Toya said...

wow I never heard of this but very interesting. I dont have a D.U.F.F and niether am I one D.U.F.F...

Thats just fcuked up to even consider a person as a D.U.F.F....SMH

I dont believe in this krazy mean theory

Bloggal said...

@ sexxy luv and toya: i know, this is incredibly mean. and that sad part is i actually HEAR guys say use the term. never heard a female use it though.

Teems said...

Ironically I was looking at someone's Halloween pics from last year and they were a D.U.F.F.! I was like WTF?!? lol

They had D.U.F.F. on their hat and shire with a bunch of beer cans around them. (Yes, they were white).

Funny you should write about this because I was wondering. Just never looked into it. Thanks! lol

Qucifer said...

because i'm the most brolic around my friends, and stank and a bitch and in more than one ocassion I've taken a drunk bitch home within SECONDS of some horrible drop trou/make out with a nasty fuck situation

I AM D.U.F.F!!!

Bloggal said...

@ teems: LMFAO!!! see, it's the white boys. they're the only ones i ever hear use it. lol funny coincidence.

@ qucifer: Yay! the first chick to own her D.U.F.F.ness. this is why i love you QQ.

but surely you're only a D.U.F.F. in the cockblocking sense cause you're not fat/ugly. gtfo of here if you say you're either or, bitch.

Qucifer said...

you draw your own conclusion I AM the biggest chick I hang with apparently AND I'm cunty AND I'm bitchy AND I pull dudes off of them

DUn DUN DUN!

SEE!

karrie b. said...

word up yoh. i was vogueing in walmart with QQ when i went for a stay, and all these attrocious mens where giving me immense amounts of face...

thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn some old ass hideous guy with helacious gold teeth was like "ayyyyy lil mama, you lookin mighty fine" and some other coonery he spat out and QQ was like "oh hellzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to the NAWL!"

i remember it well.

-KB

Bloggal said...

@ q: ahhh heffa, don't make me come to florida and beat that ass! "i AM the biggest chick i hang with"...get that shit out of here. you must be hangin with some twiggity as chicks if YOU'RE the biggest.

@ karrie: uh huh, that story reeks of D.U.F.F.ness

RunGirl. said...

That's crazy. The things clear people come up with ...

(clear = term i learned at jaded's)

Bloggal said...

i get it, much more politically correct lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails