Monday, September 8, 2008

It's My Blog and I'll Hide If I Want To!

I originally planned on writing about my weekend but something that just recently happened with Mr. Cocky, has steered my thoughts in another direction. I've gotten so tired of bullshit that I think I'm intolerant of the slightest flaw. I need you guys to set me straight if I over reacted.

So, Mr. Cocky and I had our first argument. Leave it to me to fight with a guy I've known less than four days...Anyway, we were chatting online when he asked me what I was doing and I told him I was blogging. He asked to see my blog and this is how the conversation went thereafter:

Cocky (9/8/2008 5:30:18 PM): can i have the url
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:30:36 PM): sorry. it's a personal blog. i can't tell you.
Cocky(9/8/2008 5:30:56 PM): can i see it please
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:31:54 PM): maybe if you're in my room sometime. but i can't give you the url cause you'd probably go to it again. and if i know you might be reading, i'll censor myself.
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:32:22 PM): i promise ill go to it just once
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:34:03 PM): lol i knew that was coming...and no you won't because my blog is about love, sex, dating, and relationships. and if you and i start dating, i'll be writing about you (anonymously of course) lol. so i can't. i can send you samples if you want. but not the web address.
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:34:18 PM): noooooooooooooooo

He then proceeds to type in a million sad faces.

Cocky(9/8/2008 5:38:20 PM): u are seriously mean for this
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:39:04 PM): no, i'm not mean. i would just feel weird knowing you could possibly be reading my blog.
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:39:22 PM): i seriously dont have time to do that, to read all the time...but u know...whatever. it seriously doesnt matter anymore
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:39:58 PM): and idk if im gonna go to late night anymore
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:40:05 PM): so if i dont call u
Cocky(9/8/2008 5:40:10 PM): dont be surprised

Late Night is a diner on campus that stays open late. We made plans to go together later on tonight.

Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:40:22 PM): you're serious?
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:40:30 PM): ......
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:40:48 PM): ok, if you're one of those moody boys then let me know now cause i don't deal with that
Cocky(9/8/2008 5:41:08 PM): im not moody
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:41:19 PM): just sometimes shit seriously makes me mad
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:41:36 PM): that's a problem too
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:41:52 PM): i guess im not ur type then

Insert sad face.

Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:41:55 PM): so you have an attitude because i dont want to let you see my blog?
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:42:36 PM): yea...cuz ur thinkin imma keep going back to look at it...wtf? i just wanna see ur creativity. that's all.
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:42:45 PM): that's not just it, okay?
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:43:13 PM): i get weird about anyone reading my writing
Cocky (9/8/2008 5:43:24 PM): ITS A FREAKIN BLOG. THE WHOLE WORLD CAN READ IT
ITS ONLINE.
Bloggal (9/8/2008 5:44:18 PM): first of all, chill with the caps. secondly, i don't have to explain myself to you.

Yadayadayada....it goes on.

I know I was a little defensive, but he pissed me off with that attitude. Because you don't get what you want, you sulk? I don't deal with shit.

So, did I overreact? Do I owe him an apology?

15 comments:

antithesis said...

warning: didnt read the whole convo

from what i did read, he is in the wrong. i just feel like eventhough it's a public blog, it's safe because people dont REALLY know you. for someone in your life to know your thoughts like that is inappropriate. no male i have dealt with has ever requested to read my blog or journal or anything. i have even volunteered for them to read certain posts and they declined out of respect. they didnt want to get drawn in.

Bloggal said...

i'm glad you see my point. i don't like it when people i know personally read my blog. i mean, even though this is a public blog, it still feels somewhat private to me because no one i know in real life reads it...well, almost no one.

aside from all that, that was just a down right bitch ass move for him to cancel because he couldn't get his way. THAT'S what really annoyed me.

Jaded said...

Hell no you don't owe him No apology.Of course he'll be back to read,people are incredibly narcissistic, who doesn't want to read themselves?

Then you'll be fielding questions like: "I thought you said you didn't mind when I ate the last apple?" (or whatever randomness)

I'm sooooo mad he was like "I might not go to the late night tonight. That's emotional blackmail!

Lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog def. looking forward to reading more of yours.

Jaded said...

Okay, just read more of your blog. Thats it your getting blog rolled! lol

Camila said...

No. It's YOUR blog. You have the right to do whatever it is you want to do with it. Sure, it's out there for the whole world to read, but that doesn't mean you should go giving out URL's all willy-nilly.

He is being a little bitch and he obviously throws a tantrum like a five-year old.

This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way.

My two cents :)

Anonymous said...

nope Is your blog i'da been nicer about it at the end with the period, since we KNOW they get it, but we ain't supposed to let them know they acting a sordid hormonal bitch.... or not disclosed the blog thing at all but your reasons are valid, if he finds it though that's different

Muze said...

he sounds a bit stoopid.

lol.

you talk just like me in IM. hilarious.

Bloggal said...

@ jaded: hey girly. welcome to the blog:)

emotional blackmail...i like that. but seriously, temper tantrums aren't cute. especially not on boys.

@ camila: "This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way."

LOL...so true. i can tell he's the type who's used to getting his way just cause he's cute or whatever. but that doesn't impress me much.

@ QQ: lol yeah, i could've be a little nicer in the last part, but he was pissing me off. he got over it though. he actually ended up apologizing to me for being so bratty. haha.

@ muse: everybody makes fun of me for not taking short cuts and using punctuation in IM lol. but that's how i always write so why would i change it?

and you're right. he is stoopid.

Muze said...

k. well as soon as i find a man to experiment with, it's on. lololol.

and yeah, i always use lowercase, but i have to spell things correctly, and i have to use punctuation.

hahaha.

great minds is all. *smiles*

Que.PK.iDD said...

You may have been a bit defensive, but rightfully so.

"I just wanna see ur creativity. that's all" but when you offered to send samples, he turned them down.

His ego was bruised knowing that there was a part of you he could not tap in to. But after only 4 days, he was a fool to think he could.

Glad it happened sooner than later. Do you think he'll be back?

Bloggal said...

@ dope fiend: um...yeah i sense the momma's boy syndrome too. but that was gonna be a future post so more on that later...lol

Bloggal said...

@ que.p:

"I just wanna see ur creativity. that's all" but when you offered to send samples, he turned them down.

exactly! it was definitely an ego thing if he wouldnt just accept the samples.

but i agree. good that it did happen sooner than later.

iCandy21 said...

hey, I'm new to your blog, so I'm playing catch up to get up to speed. As for this post...hell no you weren't wrong. blogging is like...sacred, and if you don't want someone to read it don't let them. my gf knows I blog, but she doesn't know where I blog. I don't tell her to read it b/c I don't want her all in what I write about. Sometimes I write about her, or other things. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes Im venting frustrations. If the person you're blogging about reads your shit of course you're going to censor it. He was acting like a, "bitchboy" as you said, so dont worry about it babes.

Latoya said...

omg he seem like a complete loser and you wasnt over reacting.

If you feel you dont want a certain person to read your blog you dont gotta give them your url.So I dont even know why he mad cause if he felt like he aint want somebody to see something of his he would proballii tell them no.

I understand where you coming from.

Anonymous said...

Wow. He really does sound like a whiny emo dude. No, you did not over-react at all. The need to not feel like censoring yourself is a sacred right that all writers must have.

Related Posts with Thumbnails