Friday, September 5, 2008

Timing is Everything

"Weirdos and creeps are single because they're weird and creepy. But normal people, like us, are single because we're victims of bad timing." ~Love and Sex (2001)

You hear the expression 'timing is everything' all the time. I used to think it was a convenient excuse women used whenever they couldn't get their men to act right.

But now I kind of think it's true. Timing is everything.

Last night I spent time with The White Boy. Speaking of, a nickname change is in order. I usually give them generic aliases until I notice a personality trait--or a part of their anatomy--that stands out. That said, we'll now call White Boy, Mr. Cocky. Mainly, because I quickly came to the realization that he's Arabian, not white lol.

Before you jump to any conclusions, no I didn't sleep with him. But I did happen accidentally-on-purpose say hello to his little friend. And, I must say, the stereotype wasn't true in his case--he's packing. He has to be mixed with something cause that ain't all white blood.

His new nickname doesn't only apply to his nether regions. The boy's got an ego. He knows he's smart, sexy and attractive but not in an unappealing way. He knows when to be cocky and when to be humble. And I make sure to shrink that big head back down to size by reminding him I'm not impressed...Haha, I know how that sounded. But I meant it in the least sexual way possible lol.

Back to the point of this post.

We just chilled. Had a good old time watching Family Guy and then having Disturbia watch us (that movie kind of sucked balls, by the way). There was also a little PG-13 action for a PG-13 movie. Just cuddles and kisses.

Just cuddles and kisses.

I cuddled him. I kissed him. I'm not that cakey-cuddly type of girl (at least I didn't know I was) but it felt so....comfortable. He talked about how much he liked me. And how he wanted to get to know me better. Could you see an us? he asked me. He asked if I wanted to hang out again tonight. And then tomorrow after I got off work. I expected to wake up this morning in WTF regret for attracting yet another stalker type. But instead I woke up all warm and fuzzy inside.

Why?

Timing.

Back in the summer I met a guy, Mr. Big Time. He was sweet. Attractive. Charming. All that good stuff. But when he started spouting words about a 'future' I had to put an end to it. Now, I get a guy doing much of the same thing, and I'm not only open to it, but I want it. Timing, people. It's everything.

Lordy Lordy. This is blasphemy compared to my Let's Just Date/Take It Slow mantra of the summer. But I've been single for a year and a half now. I think I might be ready for a little one-on-one.

Maybe Autumn is to blame.

4 comments:

antithesis said...

indeed, timing is everything. i punished myself by trying to watch disturbia once. never finished.

kit von b. said...

nope. i dated a russian who's penis made my beaver clam up just from looking @ it.

eff the stereotypes.

-KB

Anonymous said...

YAY!! fun, stereotypes are just that, the resident dater of anything should know what she is talking about!

Bloggal said...

@ antithesis: pure waste of time, watching that movie. hope you didn't pay money to see it...

@ karrie b: haha, i know the feeling. seriously, it's crazy huge. i'm kinda scared.

@ QQ: yeah, i guess stereotypes are just that...especially since his feet are relatively tiny lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails